Sunday, November 26, 2006

The Weeekend That Was

It’s 1830 hours on a Sunday. Appropriate enough to write about the weekend I suppose.

The mood is right after all – hey, Diane Summers is doing her very own ‘Last Dance’ on Light and Easy. ha-ha.. I have the tv all to myself (mind you, I listen to the radio on the tv.)

The evening is almost dark. It rained heavily just now (like any other evenings, these days). Iman is still caught up with her Prison Break series on the pc. Eirfan is at the playground with friends. Ilyas is still deciding if he wanted to continue sleeping or to wake up now (can someone please help me with this..?) & Zack must be sleeping also as he just came back from his futsal game which started as early as 0900 this morning (I envy him all that energy..)

Now about the weekend. Sat started early enough – Iman had to put in some extra hours at work so we sent her to the office. We stopped for breakfast at the usually crowded place along MRR2. It must be the timing - the place is (ohh – I have to write this – it is Andy Gibbs on the waves with Everlasting Love – my fav yearrrs ago) anyway, this breakfast place is not yet busy. The roti canai boy, as usual fulfill my order fast enough. I never ask my husband to wait line for the roti canai – he couldn’t get the preferential treatment that I do. Ha-ha..

Anyway after sending Iman we did some walking at the KLCC park. Gooood girl..

Since forever I have wanted to be able to brew the best tom-yam ever. When better than this weekend? So we stopped at the pasar tani to get all the supplies and fruits and.. and.. uh-oh, Eirfan had already made complaints and long faces – time to go home. I asked if we should stop by the school book store to get the list of books to buy for Eirfan, but a huff from the back seat told me that it was not a good time to do that. So we went straight home.

Opened up ALL the recipe books I have to find the direction to tom yam heaven-land. Chef Wan’s recipe uses the readily flavored cubes, so I skipped his. The only other recipe I found was a Kung Tom Yam. So I tried that – the result? Nothing to shout about although Iman said it is nice. Need to find another recipe later.

We had lunch invitation in Bangi. Traffic crawled all the way from Cheras to Serdang – can you believe that? They said because of MAHA. A good thing too actually, as when we got to Bangi we were ravenous and did justice to the food served. Shohor’s bungalow is nice, open and airy. He should have made that fish pond a swimming pool instead. That would be fabulous.

I also had 2 new recipes I wanted to try out – yeap, when else if not the weekend? The first is the super-licious munchy choc chips- that’s what the recipe said. Tapi tak super-licious pun – tasted like my regular cookies. As usual the children turned a blind eye to any choc chip cookies – they have had it with that when they were small. So I packed most of the cookies to be sent to Antie Da’s. Yan & Amir would appreciate my effort if the people at home wont..

For dinner I tried the second recipe that I have : baked paprika & parmesan chicken. It was thumbs down, but the recipe got 4 stars on the net – must be ..me!! So both recipes will go to the bin.

I slept like a log Sat night. & Sun (today) I was burnt out (ada ke burnt out in connection with work at home?) Anyway I didn’t do anything today. Didn’t feel like socializing so I skipped the aqiqah-cum-lunch invitation from Zihan (bad, bad girl – but the invitation came in the last minute anyway – that’s my excuse..) Went out to lunch at McD of all places, instead.

That was Sun so far, but at least I already have dinner on the stove.. What a weekend – but I am not ready for Mon. But come to think of it, was I ever ready for Mon anyway..?
*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails