Wednesday, November 1, 2006

A Writer's Block

Chewwwah.. A writer's block konon.. as if!

A friend who used to be a journalist had said it was tough being a writer because you need to write immediately what you feel otherwise the idea would be gone and you might not have another compelling topic to write about later. You may sit and think and will yourself to think some more but that’s it – there is just no light at the end of the creativity tunnel.

That’s exactly what happened to me. I have a lot to write about, but the idea has not enough vigor to make me able to actually build up the effort to write about it.

I want to tell about my raya ie how mum took it all in although tak larat nya dia. How my wajik turned out sallow. How it rained so bad that we thought the house might just get flooded. How I finally managed to make all my kueh raya and put beads on my baju raya. How I put the lights up on my porch. And also about nonsensical things like pe’el ibu mertua ku, drivers and traffic and all the food that we manage to consume though we were trained to eat frugally all month during Ramadhan.


I want to tell them all but I cant seem to write them down as I have this - yeah, writer's block, you see. We'll see how long this will last, then I will start writing again about everything - and nothing - like I always do.

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails