Friday, April 13, 2007

They Said

Scene 1
The PD said the management (whoever that might be?) bukannya nak perah the project team into doing more, more and so much more. Trained to be cynicals like we are today by the very same management, we raised our brows and exchanged looks that clearly said - really?

I doubt the management is really interested in anything beyond delivering the project as scheduled. Let's not mime things we dont mean. And after all, this is not the first time that has happened - the miming, I mean.

Scene 2
Friends tell me I have become a stranger. Yeah, yeah I know - tell me about it.

Scene 3
Met a guy in a meeting and turned out he recognized me from like 10 years back. For the life of me, I was most embarrassed to admit that I dont remember him - at all. I said really? we have met before? He remembered where I sat, who my boss was and what project I worked on then.

He said, you have not changed a bit (please read that as aged..) at all since then. I dont know if he was serious although he looked sincere enough when he said that. I would love to believe him but I'm sure there are enough lines to testify that I do aged since the last time we met.

Nevertheless his words did make me happy for a little while before the aforesaid crow feeet managed to bring me down from cloud nine.....
*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails