Sunday, April 8, 2007

Thoughts Of A Working Mum

There is no substitute to a wholesome, delicious home-cooked meal. It will win over fast-food anytime, hands down, where nutrition is concerned. But for convenience sake (for wanting an excuse - any excuse, that is) it is much easier to give in to the ads on tv by any of the fast food chains ie you'll be happier when you eat there or you fit in better with your peers etc etc. Or maybe it is just that much easier to give in to the whines of the little one(s).

I did my grocery shopping yesterday, after many, many weeks of not doing so. I am thinking that I should leave office earlier than usual to get decent dinner on the table.. (that's my heart talking, my head's saying this - fat chance! But life is always interspersed with wishful thinking dont you agree?)

..but kalau keluar ofis pun dah pukul 8, there is no point in slugging over the stove, is there?

*****

I was questioned by Celcom users why am I am rushing them for their data. I told them that maybe, just maybe because I am a perfectionist? I was asked to look into the mirror - ha-ha.

In restropect I think it is because I am worrier (do read that as cautious and one who follows the guidelines given).

*****

I met someone with very fair skin and above the average looks. Her make-up was flawless and she could be in the shampoo ad with the kind of hair that she has. She was immaculately dressed in apple green raw silk kurung kedah. The top was finely embroidered. She smiled a lot and was pretty friendly.

I sat beside her in the meeting. I noticed the embroider has many little holes that shows her skin. Her neckline shows her cleavage and her split skirt shows ample length of her leg.

I am not trying to be mean nor insulting nor stereotyping nor whatever else ... but as I sat there I thought it is really akhir zaman when man are uninhibited and modesty is no longer a coveted value. (I wonder if I should even blog this event).

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails