Sunday, July 1, 2007

Building A Character

"It's not in the still calm of life, or the repose of a pacific station that great characters are formed. The habits of a vigorous mind are formed in contending with difficulties."

I first found this on the net somewhere and co-incidentily a friend was facing much difficulty at work at that time. I sent this to her - to give some encouragement somewhat.

Now, these days, I am facing much challenges at work and when I read the same words again I thought yeah well, very nice.. but when you are faced with problems, you just want them to go away quickly and you just dont care that the same issues might make you a better character.

You just simply want the whole thing absolved. Immediately. Even better if the boss doesnt know about it and then come avenging down on you..

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails