Friday, July 13, 2007

A Mum's Tale

Anecdote 1
We were on our way back home from dinner when I received a call from my son asking for additional pocket money as he had paid for books and other stuff when he registered at college. His sister sitting in the back seat quickly said - dont buy the books just get them photostated - cheaper that way. I asked my son - did you hear that? get them all photostated. In Malaysia we dont believe in IPR and all that copyright stuff..

.. you dont agree? How else could we afford to view all those hot-from-the-oven blockbuster movies or parade around with those designer bags and wallets and belts etc etc?

Anecdote 2
Received an SMS from my son today that reads Happy Mother's Day Ma, love you. I thought he must have done something that he feels guilty about (although I dont know yet what that is..). I replied and said if you need to pull wools over my eyes, please be realistic about it. He replied back with a ha-ha message.

A mother's day wish in July..? Come on, what - was I born yesterday he thinks?.. But I still cant figure out what exactly he'd done..

Anecdote 3
After having to work late for many, many evenings I came home early for once and cooked dinner. When Eirfan found out that I am preparing dinner and we wont be dining out that night he clapped his hands and said, yey.. we dont have to go out to dinner tonite!!

I was speechless but thought - my poor son..

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails