Sunday, July 29, 2007

Books, Books And More Books

I am currently reading a book on motivation and setting goals and achieving whatever your have set your mind on written by Canfield. He's the guy who co-wrote the series of chicken soup for the soul books.. and that's why the new quotes on the blog..

I also crashed read during the weekend a number of M&B books ie Live-The-Emotion tag line kind of books. Which are actually very effective in helping your forget the real world that you live in - if only for a few hours.

I finished Dr Phil's (a syndicated "shrink" in the States) book like a couple of weeks ago after what - 3 months of reading? Whew - that was a long read. And I doubt I could practice his philosophies - too much effort required on changing habits that define me..

Also finished the book from CAP on halal & haram aka halalan thoyyibah kind of read. I'd recommend that book to anyone who wants to discover a bit more about the food that we eat and other stuff. If anyone gotten a mail recently about bone china - yeap, it is mentioned in this book. I urge everyone to read it. Book title is Halal & Haram - Persatuan Pengguna Pulau Pinang.

Of course I cant help but pick up Jamie's cookbook. Even if I dont cook.. I visited MPH on Fri and man.., he already has a new book out which cost almost twice the one that I recently purchased. I thought I had to buy the new book then but Iman is most logical at times..

Anyway, back to this goal-thing, I am supposed to think about 30 things I'd like to do, to have and to be before I die.. that's how you can tell what you really, really want. Would it work you think..?

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails