Monday, July 2, 2007

Empty(ier) Nest Part 2

Yesterday - well, the day before yesterday really - since it is officially Mon anyway - we sent off the other bachelor for registration of his first semester at the u.

He's happy enough to go although he will be studying up north for the next 4 years - the brat.. (affectionately said, of course). I asked him why he has to go so far to get a degree but turned out that his major is offerred at that particular u only (and parents are strongly advised never to to stand between the children and their ambitions.. and so I consented)

I'd rather that he study anywhere in the Klang Valley - there are many good universities here anyway. But since this is the way that he wants it I let him have his way. It is his future afterall.

Which reminds me what my mum always say about bringing up children (she got it from my arwah ayah she said..) - nak besarkan anak-anak ni macam main layang-layang. Lepas tali layang-layang tu - tapi kalau nampak macam layang-layang tu dah nak pergi jauh tu, tarik balik pelan-pelan ke bawah.

Which make sense to me - it is like letting the children go and yet keeping a leash on them (short or long depending on the parents) and their so-called freedom.

The semesters are here again - the break is over and the nest will be empty yet again for the next 4 months or so..
*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails