Thursday, August 16, 2007

Books, Books And More Books Part II

Left office a bit earlier than usual today and stopped at the book store to just "browse and look" and to relax a bit.

There is a good selection of things to read actually once I open my eyes to other genre of readings. Noticed books by Khaled Hossein like The Kite Runner - it looked interesting. And maybe I should read something by Amy Tan. These days local and non-western writers seem to attract my attention.

Picked up the book by Zabrina A Rahman (did I get her name right..?) also, she is a blogger and then went on to publish a book (I so envy that, ughh..). Her blog is fresh, different, entertaining in a way but at the same time makes you think about.. well, things that matter. Read her blog here http://www.wisdomthruwords.blogspot.com/

Wondered if I should buy her book - but since I've decided to buy two other books already today, I thought I should make another trip to the store to get her book.

Got calls and sms(es) while in the store. From people in the office, of course. Replied all of them and decided to head home after all. What a deflating way to end a good trip to the bookstore.

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails