Saturday, August 11, 2007

Pasar Tani Part II

Someone asked me yesterday what I'd be doing over the weekend. I said I'd be going to pasar tani on Sat and then uh, I dont know. Yeah I know - so dulll eh? - and as expected she made a face..

& went to the pasar tani I did this morning & got the usual stuff.. But arent the fruits lovely at this time? With rambutan and pulasan, and manggis and cempedak and dokong and mata kucing in addition to the usual guava and watermelon and bananas and those imported stuff.

But I also notice something else at the pasar - there are more people asking for money there (I wouldnt want to call them beggars). There is the regular pakcik who said he is a musafir (takkan tiap-tiap minggu musafir..?) and the blind pakcik who sings there - he's quite good actually too.

But this morning there are blind makciks and some younger men who are incapacitated. The poor men - most cant walk - maybe five of them. The articles that we read long ago about children being kidnapped and then incapacitated in some way and then forced to beg came to my mind.

I prayed that didnt happen to the men I saw at the pasar this morning.
*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails