Friday, August 24, 2007

The Most Gracious

I was reading when I heard verses from Surah 55, Ar-Rahman ie The Most Gracious - the mu'azzin is getting ready to call for the Fri prayers it seems. Friday prayers first held at the surau (I'm not sure if it has been upgraded to a mosque) across the field close to a month ago.

The verses that said, Then which favors of your Lord will you deny? is most sublime I think from the Surah. It appears 31 times among the 78 verses in the Surah.

Anyhow a long time ago I read (or was I told? - I cant remember which) that in the Hereafter, Allah Himself will be reading the surah to the dwellers of Jannah. And that read, will be the most beautiful sound anyone had ever heard.

I cant remember if I had found this in any of the books I read (not that I read many anyway). And I wonder if what I remember is actually correct..

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails