Thursday, December 6, 2007

A New Voice

There seem to be a new muazzin at the mosque. Occassionally he would be calling for prayer and he sounded very much different from the regular voice.

I'd give him an 'A' for his efforts (he stretches himself during the azan) but maybe a 'D' for results (can I say something like pitching dia lari? It does..)

I remember an ustaz who compared a muazzin's call to prayer with the singing of a celebrated singer. He said if the azan is called 'correctly' (I wouldnt know how to define correct) it would / could be the most amazing sound that we'd hear.

I think he has a point.. the azan, especially for the fajr prayer, could be so soulful at times, dont you agree? And I hope the new muazzin wouldnt take too much time to improve..

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails