Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Trying To Be The Happiest Woman In This World

Now how do we go about achieving that? - to be the happiest woman in the world?

Recently I found a book with that title - "The Happiest Woman In The World". It is actually a book of reminders written by Dr A'id al-Qarni and was first published in Riyadh. It is quite interesting.

After finishing the book and then thinking about it, I doubt I am the happiest in the world.. Nevertheless, I am left with a bit more contentment with what Allah has bestowed upon me.

Dr A'id is also the author of the book "Dont Be Sad" - a bestseller. The description of the book says "It is full of practical advice on how to repel despair and replace it with a pragmatic and ultimately satisfying Islamic outlook on life.It exposes to the modern reader how Islam teaches us to deal with the tests and tribulations of this world. So, take heart and hold firmly onto the rope of Allah."

I was thinking of buying it some time ago but when I looked at the price, I had second thoughts about it.. I think I should ask my sister to look it up in the library the next time she goes there..

Lesson of the day : Being happy does not come easy. It is not about having more; but to be more appreciative of the things that we do have.

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails