Sunday, December 2, 2007

It Came To An End

I've been preoccupied with a lot of things lately - like painting the living room as I've desperately wanted to do for so long - and been a bit creative ie I've designed a few bangles (designed? sounds glamorous for the humble couple that I did) and doing cooking and more cooking for the boys.

Nevertheless..

We got a call from someone close today. Her divorce proceedings finally came through and she is finally and irrevocably divorced. She cried.

I didnt shed a tear. He wasnt man enough for her. He made her life miserable for years. Ignoring the kids. Carelessly leaving all responsiblities for her to shoulder. Her / The kids' lives were in turmoil for years. If I had any tears, that would be for the innocent children who didnt understand and who were emotionally affected by it all..

She bought a new house and planned to move in there next weekend. All the more reason for her to cry, I think - the house that represents the most fragile link between them is finally gone. It really has come to the end.

I told her not to look at this as something that has ended. But as a new beginning instead. A new and exciting life for her and the children.

I pray she'll be fine in her new home. I wish her and the children all the happiness, peace and blessings from Allah..

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails