Friday, September 12, 2008

Raya Is Coming

For once I am writing ahead about the weekend; instead of reminiscing about it.

Tomorrow I am thinking of making some biskut raya. I dont want to wait till too late. Surprises might spring my way and turn all carefully laid raya preparation plans go awry.

The boys' baju melayu arrive via courier today. Isnt that cool? I never thought that kind of arrangement could be done. We made the baju the last time we went home. We thought we might have to go pick them up personally but when we called Abang Mat (the tailor) yesterday he said he could send those stuff via the delivery express. We said cool (I know I am repeating myself, but I really, really think it is cool). & they are already here today! Eirfan said, cantiknya baju Eirfan, when he tried it on just now and then asked, mama pergi ambik tadi ke? I laughed and said not a chance yang - not when I had to go to the office too.

And I need to pick up the curtain tiebacks and the floor cushion tommorrow. I plan to put some tassle like beads on them. So I had some work there.

I am also thinking of putting up new raya lights. People at home asked why? I said I hate to see the same thing every raya. I'll think of something this weekend about that.

And my sisters have called and said they might drop by this weekend to learn how to make - or maybe to watch me make - pineapple tarts. They have been looking high and low for those for raya. I told them buat sendiri je lah. I had learnt this a couple of months (?) back maybe. Since I am talking about that, I should share that recipe with you I think. Click here; if it is not there yet, come back soon - I'm sure I will put it up very, very soon.

I suppose from here on the days will be filled with lots more raya things.

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails