Thursday, September 11, 2008

Playing A Concerto


When I am in a crazy mood or a blues mood or feeling-lonely mood or etc I would occassionally tune to the classical music on the radio or astro. Unfortunately the dj never did mention what the song titles are or who the are the composer or the orchestra that's playing. So I am none the wiser about the classicals.

And I had a classmate from the Latin America once and during class introduction he said his favorite songs are by Wagner. We all chorused, who?? We can barely say Mozart or Bach or Beethoven - back then the only Wagner I knew was Lindsay Wagner.. you know the uh, Bionic Woman..?

Anyway.

Today / Yesterday (it makes not much difference) it crossed my mind that the boss is something akin to the composer of an orchestra. He will orchestrate the performance of all his men. Bad his orchestration, bad will the performance be and vice versa. And I suppose that's why much credit is given to the composer - the ability to harmonise all pieces of the instruments into a melodious tune; not a cacophony.

Unfortunately the same desired effect is not apparent in my office. The hall is packed with so-called musicians and the conductor is frantically waving his stick in all and every direction (oh look, did he drop his stick?) All the musicians are trying their best to follow suit but getting the wrong signals and at the end of the day we'd all say, what the hell??

So I am asking (to no one in particular actually) what is the tune that the boss is actually playing? Please compose it well so I might be able to strum my guitar / beat the drum / blow the sax / play the piano to that particular tune. Otherwise I might get on with the music in tandem with my own tune..

Maybe I should share this bulb of light with the boss.. (as if..)

*****


2 comments:

Zana Fauzi said...

I have a feeling my (immediate) boss is not composing a tune that belongs to himself. He is busy looking at the other composers next to him to copy how they wave their stick.

Azah Yahya said...

If only we can live without them..

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails