Saturday, September 20, 2008

Ramadhan al-Mubarrak

In a blink of an eye it is already the 20th of Ramadhan. And here I am still thinking if I am ready for the last 10 days of the month and the lailatul-qadr.

I had set goals for the Ramadhan and at the rate I am going I doubt I'll achieve what I had planned to do.

Nevertheless I am happy to say that this year we are most careful about the food - we bought only kuih - for the kids and me (!!) - I cant imagine iftar without some sort of kuih on the table. But the kids said the kuih keria has too much flour in it; the lepat pisang has got no inti kelapa and buah melaka mama lagi sedap. And along the way the kuih koci and kasui made their exit to the *cough, cough..* bin.

On my worst days we had kicap telur; which actually was quite a change from the usual chicken. Still, fried chicken with onions, garlic, ginger and ketumbar remains the champion throughout the month.

I am hoping also I wont be too occupied with raya preparations that I'd forget Ramadhan is actually the month to 'celebrate'. With the best 10 days of Ramadhan to go I guess it is not too late to wish full speed ahead in this most blessed month.

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails