Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Last Call For Raya Stories

Feel like I must squeeze in another update on raya. Yeah, yeah - that's a done story I know but this is a must.

We had our office raya do only today. It was fun. Lots of food. Good food, must emphasis that. With laksam (yumm..), satay Keting (or is it Urat Keting (?) from Bangi), rendang negeri etc etc. Nice people. Basically a good day.

The paparazzi boys came out of their shells with techie cameras.


The nicest gambar I took was of the satay actually..


Satay testing di dapur..

The children had also invited friends for raya makan2 recently. Luqman had 10 or less friends around. Iman a few. Kaia invited 30 friends (which made me feel like pitam) but told me not all will come. Trust me he said (I should have known better because more than that thirty friends showed up). And when asked if Ilyas had invited like 10 friends or so he said mesti lah tidak. I thought (or hoped..) less. He said more. Twenty? I asked. He shook his head and said maybe twice that number. Wow.

But trained as we are at the office to accept all hurdles as challenges, I thought hah, what is 80 or so hungry young men/women who wanted to eat? I made pizza (with ready-made crusts) just to add a different flavor to the kids' raya; and with the usual stuff like mee curry (thank you Fahmi for the recipe and the last minute tutorial! haha), bakso and lemang-rendang-nasi impit trilogy. I suppose the whole event went rather well. It rained (but it didnt ruin the parade), what's a little rain - actually it rained quite a lot - to a bunch of hungry boys?

Unfortunately I got no at all photo as I was too busy in the kitchen.

And last but not least, I have some (more) raya di kampung photos I simply must share.

Eirfan wore a pair of swimming goggle to protect his eyes from the smoke while making the rendang.. what can I say? They are all budak2 pekan..


That's the dearest oldest lady I love.


He is a town boy who had NEVER EVER belah kelapa (when asked if he sees a rabbit or a rat face at the top of the coconut - coincidently my dears, do you know this? - he said ma I dont see anything..) I gave up and said ok, ketuk je lah kelapa tu sekuat hati! And he did just that.

So there. I suppose that is a wrap on the raya stories this year.

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails