Thursday, October 21, 2010

This Early Morning


I like mornings when I have off-site meetings. The meetings usually starts a bit later than the usual clock-in time -

.. yuck, do you ever have those punch cards? Sort of reminds me of arwah Sudirman with his song of the same title when I ride on the (pink!) mini busses to work like eons ago. Al-fatihah.. anyway, these days we have access cards to glass doors -

- right, back to my morning with off-site meetings. Since the meeting starts a bit late I usually have extra time to myself as I'd leave home at the usual time (I hate getting caught in the peak hours traffic, dont you?) I'd get my breakfast somewhere with the newspapers or my notebook or prepare my meeting notes. It's rather peaceful in the early mornings. Sememangnye lah, the early birds will catch more worms (?)

This morning I am at *** (a place where Eirfan would say mama, kita kan boycott tempat tu? if I ever suggest we have a meal here) Nevertheless, there is no other convenient place open this early in the morning with wi-fi, to boot (we always can come up with the flimsiest excuses ever if we try hard enough!)

I like the coffee at this place. The smell reminds me of the coffee aroma at the cafetaria of my old college days. So here I am blogging (and listening to My Ummah by Sami Yusuf, my new fave. Listen to it here). The girl washing the glass windows shot me glances that I could translate to, ye ke makcik tu blogging and surfing here? So are the other morning customers. But man, this is the new millenium and makciks do blog.

The same stares I'd get whenever I whip out a camera and take photos of anything and everything. My more demure, politically correct, immaculate mannered, home-grown (and older, of course) sister would, without fail, remark on it. She will say, tu la engkau born and raised overseas (her words, not mine). Personally I dont think that's it.

Whatever. I have a photo I am trying to upload, but cant since the upload sevice is down, said Blogger. I'll put that in later. Right now I need to leave for the meeting.

Have the nicest day ahead (I sort of have a feeling I will, Insya'Allah).

~ postnote : have managed to upload the photo afterall; my notebook, my usual arabica coffee (large, of course), my watch .. which I adore (it was a mother's day present), the headphone and my daily prescription of mecobalamin (that's something like vitamin B to you and me).
*****

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails