Sunday, November 16, 2008

So You Think You Can Dance?

This is old story - but I had to write about it..

It was raya celebration arranged by the office. For once, attendance is not mandatory but surprise, surprise yours truly decided to attend after all..

Each team had to put up a 10-minute performance and in the spirit of celebration we did a medley of 3 raya songs. The boss was the choreographer (we couldnt or wouldnt (?) have done it without her..)

We were all shy initially. I mean come on, I didnt ever do this when I was young and now I am not so young after all but here I am doing a performance on stage? But the boss was very persuasive. She had said, makan sama-sama; suka sama-sama; kalau malu pun sama-sama jugaklah. Hmm.. sounds fair enough.

We had a couple of practices. But at the end of the 3rd or 4th such sessions we were still confused what the steps are like - the choreographer kept changing the steps as we go along..

That evening we threw caution to the wind, we danced and sang as we like it. Memanglah berterabur.. There were about 30 of us on stage. Space could get so cramped.

And boy was I glad when the whole thing was over. We won first place (of course..) I'll do it again if I was forced to. But the world is a safer place without me in the showbiz.


We even had our very own version of the raya night fever..

*****

1 comment:

Zana Fauzi said...

I told the girls and they were also like, "Azah? Dancing? I don't believe it. Pictures for proof please!"

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails