Friday, November 14, 2008

In Search Of Perfection - Too Foolish, Too Brave ?

So I am taking .. hmm.. 10 minutes (?) break to update this a bit while I munch on my egg mcmuffin..

I was reading my fave mag the other day when I came across an article on "your idea of a perfect day".

I wondered and mulled over my own version of a perfect day. I havent gone too far on that actually. But I've already jumped ahead (far too much ahead I would guess) and thought about the perfect life, perfect me, perfect house, perfect job..

And that's where this got me into trouble..

Whilst talking about THE perfect job, I have no doubt whatsoever this one I'm doing right now is not it.

So when I was asked to put whose name in what box on the new org chart I decided not to put my name anywhere on the piece of paper. Friends said, we dont think you are doing the right thing. My boss asked are you sure? I told them I am looking for the perfect job. At which they all chorussed, "dont we all?" or "does that concept even exist?"

I made a few calls. And so this morning I told my boss that I have made up my mind and that I dont want my name to appear in any of the boxes (I sincerely hope this is a right decision Insya'Allah).

I am thinking of pepatah melayu berakit-rakit ke hulu etc etc. Or maybe this is the case of the thinnest line between being brave and being foolish (?) Or even the pengebom berani mati, who for whatever intentions made foolish / brave / wise (?) sacrifices in search of betterments..

Wish me well please.

*****

1 comment:

Zana Fauzi said...

OK what does this mean now??

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails