Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Books, Books And More Books Part 6


Suddenly the thought that came to mind is that the world is such a quiet place without books / reading. Tiada topik yang berlegar di minda. So I picked up a couple of books to read; one over the weekend (which I am still reading on and off) and the other, above, yesterday.

I had asked someone to lend me the book but I guess she forgot (I am sure she is feeling / looking sheepish when reading this). But it is alright; kita bukan malaikat. I bought this while out shopping with Iman on Sun. We were looking for some Malay books for Eirfan to read. His penulisan in Bahasa Melayu is deplorable. When asked he said, Bahasa Melayu tu susah la ma; English senang. What better time to rectify this if not during the school holidays?

Anyway I am getting side-tracked there. Surprisingly there is something in common between this book and my novels – I cant put them down. I wanted to finish the book last night (it was too compelling to put down) but it was late already.

I’d like to recommend the book to everybody actually; not just anyone who’s interested about the subject of haj. The experiences he had included in the book are just too potent to be isolated for haj alone. At times without realising it you too had tears in your eyes and on your cheeks.

I woke up a couple of times thinking I should do my sunat muakkad – Allah is waiting di langit yang bawah kepada hamba yang tersedar dari tidur yang nyenyak. And when I put my feet on the floor this morning, the first thought that came to mind is I should berdoa for – whatever I want to. I wish I could honestly say that syaitan would go “uh-oh, she’s awake!” like in the mail we had gotten. Insya’Allah, but maybe not today.

Bacalah buku ni. You wont regret it, trust me.

*****

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder who that sheepish someone is yer? Hehe.

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails