Monday, December 8, 2008

Aidil Adha @ Melawati

We decided to spend raya at home after all. Buat kerja korban.

Raya started early yesterday evening. We had pot luck dinner with the neighbors. The food was alright; but not our usual spread. Our elected-chef is out of the country so food was quite modest without her. After that there was takbir from house to house which ended at almost midnight.

And today it had rained all day. But we've got to do what we got to do. After prayers and breakfast we stood huddled under the umbrella watching blood gushing from the fallen animal and colored the earth red. Terdetik pulak di hati cerita nabi Ibrahim & Ismail as; how the father & son had been willing to sacrifice nyawa demi Allah.

The boys were very supportive today (of course their father had uh, pressured them - yeah, that's a diplomatic word to use I think - into helping). Earlier in the morning I saw my son standing near the animal, when I called to him he said, busy ma. The second time I saw him standing like that I called to him again and again he said, busy ma, but added, busy watching the (already slaughtered) cow, under his breath. The cheeky boy - all of them do these to me all the time. I gave him a knife and told him to get busy. And anyway I couldnt be more proud of the boys on any given raya korban..








After that there was no time to doodle. We had lots to do. We had about 50 anak yatim invited for the raya feast. & there was a lot to cook. Ustaz yang bawa budak2 tu kata terima kasih jemput anak2 ni sebab kalau tak it is just like another ordinary day for them at school. Kesian pulak dengar. Budak2 yang datang tu umur 5-6 tahun. Tiny babies still. They sang and dance and do a silat performance for us. I thought, their parents would be proud to see the show; but they arent there..

We gave them a bag each filled with schooling stuff. Those going to school next year got school bags, shoes and uniforms. And someone kindly gave a goodies bag each. Seronok tengok depa makan; beriya. Tak menang tangan nak layan. The teachers were very patient with the children. Semoga Allah berkati usaha cikgu2 anak2 ni. I hope we had made a difference in the raya for the children if not in their lives.

*****

2 comments:

DeLinn said...

i told u, u've got good daughter and sons with you

Zana Fauzi said...

My parents had their kenduri korban today (3rd raya). I felt a little guilty I can't be there...

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails