Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Mum's Amaryllis


This is an old photo from my mum's garden. All along I've been calling this a lily when in fact it is an amaryllis. When I told my sisters this, they said memang la, hang ingat apa? Alahai, saya yang tak tahu rupanya.

Anyway. I was home visiting mum this past weekend - it was a quick visit. She was sleeping when I got home mid-morning (she apparently had trouble sleeping the previous night); and when I peeped into her room later she was reading in bed. I thought, she looked well rested and fine. Albeit very old. We talked and then had lunch and then talked some more. At times sedih pulak saya kenangkan bonda, all her life taking care of us sampai tua sebegini pun masih pikirkan macam2 pasal anak-cucu. Cuma kudrat (and occasionally her memory) yang membataskan apa yang mahu dibuatnya lagi untuk anak2. Masa saya esok entah macamana.

I looked out into her garden from the kitchen windows. No new plants. The vegetable plot was quite empty too. But the red amaryllis was there, flaming bright in the sun. I didnt take any new photos of mum, or of the flower this time around. But I have not seen amaryllis as beautiful as this.


Tolong doakan rahmat Allah untuk bonda saya. Syukran.

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails