Sunday, April 20, 2008

My Passion


I have the greatest pleasure in taking, uploading and looking at these photos.


This white lotus I bought uh, a couple of years ago I think, at the pasar tani. It was almost raya and I love buying flowers at that time (my family always thought I grow the flowers myself when they visit, ha-ha).


Anyway there were 2 buds in the pot then. Bila balik pokok tu merajuk and both buds died.. My sister said lotuses are sensitive about being moved about - jangan usik-usik; letak baja je. I put it by my pond and didnt move it at all (for that two years, mind you). It grew nicely but had refused to flower again.


So when I cleaned the pond at the back of the house I moved the lotus there. Surprise, surprise it started to grow big and green leaves. Then it flowered.


The only sad thing about the whole thing is that the flower went into full bloom on Thur. I left early and came late on Fri. I only had a chance to take the photos on Sat; and by then some of the petals had fallen off but it was undeniably still lovely.


I am partial to white flowers I think - I bought a pretty white orchid on Sat. I'll put the photo of that later.

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails