Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Picking Myself Up From The Dumps..

Today I remembered what life was like when I was 18.

I only cook whenever I felt like it. I clean my apartment maybe once a month, or maybe correctly, till I cant stand the mess anymore. I dont have laundry (specifically uniform) issues; I wear whatever I have available.

I could have turnovers for dinner and nobody would complain. I wait for nobody for anything. I can sit in my room all evening and no one would care. I work hard for my homework; others'? I dont give a hoot!

I would come back late or sleep over at friend's if I decided to. Or watch blue movies (or not) at the theatre with the girls till the wee hours.

Man, the traffic after the storm must have been worse than I realised if these are my thoughts this evening.

Nevertheless, I remembered how pleased I was last week when I received an sms from my son who said thank you ma for getting me these clothes for my dinner do. I do look kinda nice. I certainly wouldnt have received such a sweet sms if I were 18.

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails