Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Melancholy Me

I wondered if I had ever guriskan hati bonda or make her cry or simply disappoint her; and I mean really deeply disappoint her. Maybe I had, maybe during the time she had said.. or maybe when I had .. or .. I suppose there are too many occassions.

Anyway.

Now I am old - yeah old - and the kids have become independent individuals themselves with very busy lives - classes, exams, friends, vacations, or simply just hanging out - I wanted to write that they are - but now I decided not to be emotional about the whole thing after all.

Ustaz kata as long as the children tak jadi duri dalam daging, we have much, much to thank Allah for. Syukur the children are perfect, sifat semua cukup. Tak derhaka. Dengar kata. If once in a while they forgot to consider that you do have feelings and opinions - well, I guess that's why we have things like "syurga dibawah tapak kaki ibu" supaya kita ingat balik kat bonda tu tadi.

And the day had been perfect too - but nevertheless with a deflating ending. Mak kita pun selalu kata kat budak2 kecik - jangan seronok sangat nanti nangis. And those yang ketawa sangat nanti mati hati. They should know I suppose.

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails