Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Doodling

We were at Kinnokuniya on Sat. Got ourselves lots of books. Then stopped at Ben's for a quick bite.

Their outlet in Bangsar seem more interesting. It's got wood paneling and painted white. Looked cozy - like those buildings you'd find in the Hamptons (macam lah saya pernah pergi Hamptons!) We were at the general store there sometime ago looking at wagyu meat - not that we bought any (nor could we afford any). We were just curious about the stuff and a lot of other interesting things found in the store.

The KLCC outlet has got charms of its own, with comfy seats and interesting views. Great concept for a restaurant. I am not sure I like the food generally, but the pavlova was good though.


We were at a wedding that evening. The bride is a doctor and had her doctor friends came to sing, play guitar and the violin. I wondered aloud where do the young doctors find time to hone their artistic skills. I thought doctors eat, breath and live medicines, patients and hospitals only.

I baked (another) carrot cake Sun morning. Got the recipe from Mrs Fields cookbook this time. It turned out a bit dry (I will bake this cake again and again till I get it right, I swear). No picture though.

Later we went out to Jalan TAR for baju raya (never too early is my principle where raya is concerned).

I wondered what I could put on the table for dinner that evening. Lost for inspiration (betul, tak tipu) I decided to make some spaghetti bolognaise with meat balls. And then some nasi goreng cina. And then fried meehoon. I have some cheese mix and so decided to make mac and cheese with salami. And nachos too (talk about getting carried away!)

The kids (who were all home that evening - which is a rare occurrence) commented, kenapa mama masak macam2. Kita bukan ada apa nak celebrate pun. I thought for a sec and then said, of course we have. The fact that you are all home together like this is cause enough for me to celebrate (I am a sap where the kids are concerned).

How did your weekend go?

*****

2 comments:

DeLinn said...

you are like my mother. bila semua anak2 balik, dia mcm ada extra energy to cook and cook and cook. bak kata kami, tak sempat lapar dah makan balik hehehe.

Azah Yahya said...

I suppose that is a universal trait of a mother. Tapi ini hari rajin. Hari malas makan nasi ayam sebungkus sorang. Hari glam (boleh translate juga sebagai malas) makan sandwich ala Subway. Slap the cold cuts, cheese and veg on slices of bread, spread some mayo/mustard, voila - dinner ready.

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails