Thursday, February 9, 2012

Time Out Part II

We were also at Camerons the other day.

One of our must-do things there is to stop at (any) teashops and have scones with butter, strawberry jam and (or without) cream with tea. This time we stopped at Bharat Teashop that sits on top of a hill as you come down to Brinchang from Blue Valley (it's not our favorite though).

There are at least 4 other teashops on the highland as far as I know. Boh teashop at Sg Palas is our favorite. The view is breathtaking. There are a couple more teashops about 5km or so from Tanah Rata as you head down to Tapah. And the last one, further down at Habu (about 7km from the main intersection). The best is of course the one in Sg Palas.

The boys are always up to something (I do not know what here).

What's a trip to Cameron without fresh vege and colorful plants?

The boys were talking about eating honey and honeycomb. So we stopped to look, taste and then bought some (happy to report kami tak kena sengat).

(Left) My kind of picture - everybody berdiri tegak, baik-baik. (Right) Their kind of picture - "kita lompat, mama tangkap gambar". & this is what we've got. haha.

We stopped at the tea plantation in Habu. Climbed to the viewpoint at the top of the tea hill and caught vast and open views of the tea fields. It was windy too at the top. Beautiful.


More view from the top. I "glued" two pictures of the same view together (me : feeling rather pleased with myself of the result and preening)

We cant leave without having any scones at this teashop! The iced tea was so good, but the souvenir shop had ran out of stock of this particular flavor (I dont remember what).

I call this the Little Red Riding Hood house. It's hidden in the forest between the trees, almost like there'd be a girl in red somewhere and a wolf lurking nearby (ooh, what imagination you have!)

We must do some hiking to the waterfalls next time (I know, I know - I keep saying this but never actually get to doing it).
*****

2 comments:

abella.whims said...

hi aunty - kawan iman ni

saya suggest pergi sungai Inki. cuba google. waterfall tu kena hiking sikit ke sungai tu

i'm sure u n ur family will have so much fun there :)

Azah Yahya said...

Sungai Inki? I will google. Thanks for the tip abella whims. ps - I like your profile photo.

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails