Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Mimpi Yang Indah..?

My hand-held mixer broke the other day. I had it for more years that I can remember. More that ten I'd say. Yeap, that long ago. And MasyaAllah it had been really good while it lasted.

I have set my heart on getting a Kenwood, a UK mixer but manufactured in China and lately in Thailand I am told. But most recently KitchenAid is also getting popular, and is made in USA. So tell me what would you buy?

After looking and comparing I finally got myself a kMix from Kenwood. It has got a good body with sleek design. With the functions I am looking for unlike Kenwood Chef or Major which are awesome but also have more than what I need or want (and of course much more expensive too). The kMix also comes in deep red which I so love.

KitchenAid mixers are beautiful too and come in like seven or eight funky colors including lime green and a pretty sky blue. But they looked a bit clunky to me, like a machine for the SMEs or something. *Shrug*

See how pretty that mixer look sitting on my counter top? I had to bake too. I made a carrot cake today with classic cream cheese topping. Eirfan who is a cake 'aficionado' (to borrow a word from his father) tanya, mama letak apa dalam icing tu? (from his tone and expression, I interpret his meaning as tak sedap lah cake tu! Kasihan lah saya ibu yang membanting tulang di dapur..) Thus I will not share this recipe with you.

But I am dreaming of a kitchen full of fresh bread and tantalizing baking smells!

ps - after a quick view of this post, I have to say that I love the photos here. They are so bright and seem to pop out of the screen. I'll put up a post on that camera too. Soon. Ciao.

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails