Friday, October 10, 2008

An Oozy Chocolate Evening

And I could be sooo terrible sometimes.

While I was sitting in the office yesterday I felt this compulsive need to have some chocolate cake oozing with luscious chocolate sauce.. (I was fasting actually).

After dinner I gathered all the cake ingredients and since I didnt have any cream, I begged someone who was kind enough to get me the stuff. Later on I discovered I was out of eggs too. Humph.. With a stern warning, I will not go to the shops again after this, the kind man went on his way again to get the eggs.

By the time the cake was taken out of the oven it was already half past ten. I had baked the cake in a fluted baking tin. I flipped the cake over and then the fluted cake became - not : it broke into 2 big chunks (that's what I get for being impatient, I should have waited for it to cool down some more).

I cut the - disreputable - cake into chunks and generously dribble the chocolate sauce over it. Yum. It was rich and creamy and the cake was light and still warm.

But.. I think when my niece made the same cake it tasted nicer (maybe beause it had looked nicer and more presentable too!)

It was late, I didt get any photos of the cake but you can get the recipe here..

*****

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A friend was looking for the recipe on shrimp prawn salad whatsoever, but she can't quite make the ingredients posted in the web. Do you happen to be able to 'simplify' it, a la locale?

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails