Saturday, October 4, 2008

This Is Eid

I suppose it is not too late to wish everyone a joyful eid on the 4th of Syawal.

We survived the 3 days seeing, meeting everyone - except my sister who is celebrating eid at her own place, my brother who went back to Johor, the other sister (I never found out what happened to her actually) and a couple of aunt/uncle.

Raya in Bangi wasnt too bad after all. The table creaked with the weight of food that everyone brought for the potluck. My mum seemed happy enough (which is all that matters) although she didnt celebrate raya at her own place. Thanks to my sister; things are never dull when she takes charge.

Raya at the in-laws wasnt that bad either (can you believe that coming from me..?) We are never short of visitors. But I did bring a book to read (just in case things get a little bit too rough..)

And we were surprised to see traffic was quite heavy heading back towards the city yesterday evening. Nevertheless the flow was alright, thank god for the newly completed third lane all the way from Slim River. We stopped at the R&R for prayers - it was full of people; but I am somewhat blessed - the toilets are decently clean.. (unmaintained toilets is one of my many many many pet peeves..)

But on the 4th day of Syawal I am thinking if Ramadhan has actually left the desired impact on me. Have I changed in any subtle way if not drastically?

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails