Monday, October 20, 2008

Wishes May Just Come True


I wouldnt mind being a nurse if all my patients look like this everytime.. and yes, I do get distracted by a handsome face anytime.. (there's Brad and George and Richard..)

Anyway. Let's keep that story for another day.. There is one orang putih line that goes, be careful of what you wish - you might get more than what you have bargained for. I guess that came true for me..

I wanted to stay home and memerap last weekend. I just didnt feel up to socializing and be nice and make small talks. I avoided all raya invitations except the one on Fri evening at a neighbor's - I HAD to do that. And the other at my sister's place in Bangi - it was raya makan2 with some family discussions, so I HAD to do that also. The few others I had declined much earlier citing prior engagements..

Past midnight Sat I knew something was wrong. I had measles-like rashes and my God, arent they scratchy. Cant sleep. So we went to see the doctor. Allergies - as we had expected. Must have been something I ate. Went home, took a couple of the tablets and dozed right off.

Sat I did the Bangi do. Had to (although I did parade the rashes on my arms - meraih simpati from my sisters..).

I dozed on and off on Sun. I didnt sleep till morning on Mon. The tablets didnt work although I took extra (can I / should I have done that?) The rashes were bad. I felt like I was lying and thrashing on a bed of lalang.
So went to see my fave doctors today (whose clinic isnt open after 10pm on any day) and told her my woeful rashes tale. She gave me more ubat with strict instructions. Yang ni lebih kuat she said. And she gave me a couple of days to recover too. I wonder if yippee is the right response at this time; considering my scratchy red arms and legs..

So the moral of the story is yes, be careful of what you wish for. I had to memerap for the last 2 days like it or not. And had only ubat for company. Aint the mighty have fallen..

*****

1 comment:

Zana Fauzi said...

Patut la diam je. Kena ruam-ruam rupanya.

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails